Welcome to Raleigh, North Carolina!
NC State University is proud to call Raleigh home. The City of Raleigh was founded in 1792 as the state capital of North Carolina. In the 21st century, Raleigh is a rapidly growing Southern city and part of the greater Research Triangle area. Raleigh is regularly ranked as one of the best places in the nation (and world) to live, work, and play. It is home to diverse businesses, a hub for research and innovation, a seat of government, and a destination for cultural and culinary arts.
- Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- GoTriangle and GoRaleigh Bus Systems
- Wolfline Bus System (NC State’s free campus bus service)
- I-440 Beltline Construction Impacts (Expect altered traffic patterns and periodic closures near campus through 2023)
Things to Do
There is always something to do, see, and experience in the greater Raleigh area. Below are just a few resources to help you get started exploring the vibrant culture that make’s Raleigh a top destination for business and pleasure.
- Live It Up! Hillsborough Street (restaurants, retail, and services adjacent to NC State’s main campus)
- NC State Campus Events Calendar
- 30 Can’t Miss Things to Do in Raleigh
- Raleigh’s Biggest Events and Festivals
- The Village District (boutique retail, restaurants, and grocery less than 5 minutes from NC State)
- The Most Live Music and Concerts in North Carolina
- Downtown Raleigh Alliance